CAN WE TALK?
The Good, Bad and Ugly Truth About the Gender Pay Gap
It’s been 55 years since the Equal Pay Act became law. So why are we still talking about the gender pay gap? Simply put -- because here in the United States, women are still fighting to make as much money as their male counterparts. Not more money. Simply an equal amount of pay for an equal amount of work. Think about this:
- Women earn 80 cents for every dollar a man earns.
- In order to make what a man earns in a year, a woman must work a full year plus a few more months into the next year.
- The 20 cents pay gap means a woman loses $10,470 in annual income.
- For a 20 yr. old woman entering the workplace, that means a $418,800 loss over a 40 year career.
- Based on the current rate of progress, equal pay for women in the US will not be reached until 2059. That means, a female born today, will have to wait until she is in her early 40s before she earns as much as a man doing the same job.
So... Can We Talk? Join us for a no holds barred, eye-opening discussion that will focus on the truth about:
- The top 3 reasons why the gender pay gap still exists.
- What men do that women don’t when it comes to salaries.
- The simple truth about “Women don’t ask.” Really?
- The biggest mistake women make when negotiating for a raise.
- What women must do to close the gender pay gap.
Seats will go fast for this as it did for our first “Can We Talk?” program. Register today for your seat. You won’t want to miss this!
7:00am: Registration Opens
8:00am: Panel Discussion and Q&A
Brought to you by the WTCSE “Can We Talk?” series targeting the issue of gender equality.
Wednesday, April 25, 2018
7:00am to 9:30am
Purchase before February 28, 2018
WTCSE Members | $40
Non-Members | $50
Purchase after March 1, 2018
WTCSE Members | $50
Non-Members | $60
World Trade Center Seattle
2200 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98121 map
Contact the WTCSE Concierge
at firstname.lastname@example.org or